HHAC Work Assistance Program

Hawaii Healing Arts College is pleased to offer qualified prospective students a Work Assistance Program. Students considered for this program must meet the Entrance Requirements outlined in the catalog, and submit their application form and fee along with completion of a personal interview. Students accepted into the Work Assistance Program are eligible to receive tuition assistance of up to $3000 in exchange for completing additional intern massages. The type of class the student wishes to enroll in, Intensive or Part-Time determines the amount of assistance given. There are a limited number of students per class eligible for the Work Assistance Program. Applications for the Work Assistance Program must be submitted six (6) weeks prior to the first day of class. Priorities are generally given to local students residing in Hawaii.

Alu Like (for Native Hawaiians only)


Hawaii Healing Arts College is an accredited school by Alu Like Inc. which provides the Hana Lima Scholarship to native Hawaiians.

The purpose of the Hana Lima Scholarship is to give financial assistance to students participating in a vocational or technical education programs in Hawaii. Eligible programs include, but are not limited to, diesel mechanics, automotive technology, nursing, medical assisting, cosmetology and emergency medical technician, and of course massage therapy.

As an applicant, you must meet the following criteria:

• Be of Native Hawaiian ancestry
• Be a resident of the state of Hawaii
• Be enrolled in a vocational degree or certification program in one of the educational institutions in Hawaii listed on the application

OHA Malama Loan (for Native Hawaiians only)


The Office of Hawaiian Affairs has an online application process for its flagship loan program. The Mālama Loan / can be used to start or expand a business, make improvements to a person’s home, consolidate debt or fund continuing education.

Veteran Educational Benefits

Hawaii Healing Arts College is approved by the Office of the State Approving Agency for Veteran Training to enroll and certify students eligible for veteran educational benefits. The veteran(s) or eligible person(s) whom is interested must submit an application for educational assistance to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) so that DVA may determine eligibility. You should contact your local military Educational Office or go to www.gibill.va.gov and submit your application. Call 1-888-442-4551 for more information regarding educational benefits for veterans training.

HHAC is in compliance with the requirements of Public Law 115-407(sec. 103&104) for students applying with benefits in receipt of Chapters 31 (Voc Rehab) or 33 (GI Bill).

Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA)

The Department of Defense is partnering with Hawaii Healing Arts College and other agencies to support military spouses in pursuit of education, training, licensing and employment in high growth, high demand portable careers. If you are a military spouse, you are eligible to receive up to $4000 in Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MYCAA) Financial Assistance.

The 600-hour Massage Therapy Program and the 200-hour Post-Graduate Program in Clinical Massage Therapy at HHAC are MyCAA approved. You are encouraged to apply for the program you are interested in at least 8 weeks before the class begins, which is the official deadline for MyCAA.

You should contact your local military Educational Office or go to https://aiportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa/ for more information and submit your application. You can also contact the Administration Department at Hawaii Healing Arts College (808)-266-2462 or email: hhac@hawaii.rr.com.


Have A Question? We Got Answers

CALL (808) 266-2462 Today!